Mozzarella and Courgette Pizza
with rocket and crushed pepper topping
This veggie pizza has a lot to shout about. Perfectly charred courgette, melted cheddar cheese, and if that's not enough, a sprinkling of creamy mozzarella to top it all off.
(Contains Wheat, Cereals containing gluten May be present Milk, Soya)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Trim the courgette and slice into 1cm rounds.
- Place a large pan over high heat (without oil).
- When hot, cook the courgette rounds until charred, 3-4 mins. Turn only every 1-2 mins—this will result in the courgette picking up a nice colour.
- Once cooked, season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl mix together the passata, ½ tsp salt and ½ tbsp sugar (double both for 4p).
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar. You've made your base sauce!
- Spread the sauce over the pizza bases with a spoon, leaving room for the crust.
- Tear the mozzarella into pieces. Scatter over the mozzarella and grated cheese.
- Top with the charred courgette rounds.
- Carefully pop your pizza bases onto a lined baking tray and bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbling, 10-14 mins.
- Just before the pizzas are done, toss the salad leaves with a drizzle of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When the pizzas are ready, remove from the oven.
- Garnish with the dressed salad leaves, pepper, salt and a drizzle of oil.
- Cut into slices and serve any remaining salad alongside.