with pesto sauce and parsley
This veggie pesto pasta dish is simple to make but it certainly doesn't lack in flavour. Vitamin-rich mushrooms and heaping helpings of Italian style cheese make for a nutritious and delicious meal.
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When boiling, add the pasta and cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to stop it sticking together.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces. Clean the mushrooms with kitchen paper and cut them into quarters.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and fry for 1-2 mins. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5-7 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pesto and creme fraiche and heat for 2-3 min, until slightly thickened.
- Roughly chop the parsley stalks and all.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan with the mushroom pesto mixture.
- Toss to coat fully.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta between bowls.
- Garnish with Italian style hard cheese and chopped parsley.