Pan-fried Golden Cheese
Pan-fried Golden Cheese
with roast veg and pesto drizzle
Roast potatoes are a welcome inclusion in any mealtime. These golden potatoes are taken up a notch with the addition of tender charred veg and golden fried cheese, tied together with a decadent pesto drizzle.
Total Time50 minutes
Cooking Time35 minutes
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)827 kcal
Energy (kJ)3459 kJ
of which saturates18.8 g
of which sugars15.3 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (no need to peel).
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into roughly 3cm pieces.
- Trim the courgette then halve lengthways. Slice widthways into 2cm wide half-moons.
- Halve and peel the onion. Cut each half into thick wedges.
- Pop the potatoes onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then sprinkle over the oregano.
- Toss to coat then spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press)
- Pop the pepper, courgette and onion onto another lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper, add the garlic then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the potatoes have been roasting for 10 mins, pop the veg onto the middle shelf of the oven.
- Cook until tender, 15-18 mins. Turn halfway through.
- While everything roasts, drain the grilling cheese then cut into 1cm slices (2-3 per person).
- Place into a bowl of cold water and leave to soak.
- Pop the pesto into a separate bowl and add 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p).
- Mix the pesto well—it should be drizzling consistency.
- When 5 mins of roasting time remain, remove the cheese slices from the water.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the cheese and fry until golden, 2-3 mins on each side.
- When everything is ready, share the roast potatoes and vegetables between your plates.
- Lay the cheese slices on top.
- Finish by drizzling the pesto over everything.