with pesto drizzle and Italian cheese
Cherry tomatoes form the base of the creamy pomodoro sauce coating the linguine in this Italian-inspired dish. Continuing the Mediterranean theme are gorgeous green pesto and grated Italian style cheese.
(Contains Wheat May be present Mustard, Soya)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the linguine.
- When boiling, add the linguine then bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- While the linguine cooks, halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Loosen the pesto by mixing it with 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p).
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Fry until softened, stirring occasionally, 3-4 mins.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes and another pinch of salt. Cook until tomatoes are softened, 6-7 mins.
- Pour in the passata and creme fraiche.
- Simmer until thickened, 4-5 mins.
TIP: Add a splash of water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Carefully toss the linguine through the sauce to coat and allow to warm through.
- Divide your pomodoro pasta between deep plates or bowls.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of cheese and a drizzle of pesto.