Smoky Spiced Veggie Burgers
with cheese and sweet potato wedges
Treat yourself to a taste of the American South with these indulgent veggie burgers. The golden fried cheese is doused in Cajun seasoning adding a pleasant kick to this dish while the crispy wedges are perfect for dipping in the tangy garlic mayo.
Cajun Spice Mix
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Mustard, Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into 2cm wide wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop the wedges onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, cut the grilling cheese into 1cm thick slices. Place the slices in a strainer or sieve, rinse in cold water, then pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Peel then press or grate the garlic.
- Cut the tomato into slices.
- Mix the mayo together with sugar, salt and pepper (all to taste). Add a quarter of the garlic (or less if you'd prefer) and mix well.
- In a medium bowl mix together the Cajun spice mix, remaining garlic and 2 tbsp oil (double for 4p).
- Add your cheese slices and gently toss to coat completely.
- Set aside.
- Halve the brioche buns.
- Toast on the top shelf of the oven until golden brown, 3-4 mins.
TIP: Keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add your cheese to the pan and cook until golden brown, 2-3 mins per side. If the slices look too dark after you flip them reduce heat to medium.
TIP: Don't overcrowd the pan. Cook cheese in 2 batches for 4p.
- To assemble the burgers, spread a spoonful of garlic mayo over the base bun.
- Add the cheese, spinach and tomatoes on top. Close with the bun lid.
- Serve with sweet potato wedges and any remaining garlic mayo alongside.