Spiced Squash Couscous Bowl
with Greek style cheese and chickpeas
This loaded couscous bowl is packed full of intriguing ingredients. With every bite you'll encounter a new and unexpected taste or texture. This veggie dish is healthy, filling and anything but dull.
Diced Butternut Squash
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya)
Greek Style Cheese
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a sieve.
- Pop the chickpeas and butternut squash onto a lined baking tray.
- Toss with a drizzle of oil, ground coriander, salt and pepper then spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until the butternut squash is soft and the chickpeas are crunchy, 20-25 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, add the couscous to a bowl.
- Make a stock by dissolving the muscat in 200ml boiling water (500ml for 4p).
- Pour the stock into the bowl with the couscous, cover tightly with a plate or cling film and leave aside for 10 mins.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- While the couscous cooks, halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Place a pan over medium heat (without oil).
- Once hot, add the sesame seeds and dry-fry, shifting regularly, until lightly toasted, 2-3 mins
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
TIP: Watch them like a hawk as they can burn easily.
- In a large bowl, mix the yoghurt, harissa paste and half the sesame seeds.
- Stir to combine then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork.
- Mix the couscous through the dressing along with the chopped onion.
- Carefully stir through the roasted butternut squash and crispy chickpeas.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the adorned couscous between bowls.
- Crumble over the Greek Style Cheese.
- Garnish with the remaining sesame seeds and a drizzle of honey.