Spinach and Mushroom Orzo
with sprinkled walnuts
Whether it's the al dente orzo or the amount of delicious veg packed inside, this is an inherently comforting dish. Serve piled high in bowls and finished off with a sprinkling of walnuts for added taste and texture.
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
(Contains Walnuts May be present Peanut, Sesame, Cereals containing gluten)
(Contains Wheat May be present Lupin, Egg, Mustard, Soya)
Not included in your delivery
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Trim the leek then halve lengthways. Thinly slice half (double for 4p) widthways.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Roughly chop the spinach.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the leek and mushrooms. Season with salt.
- Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, 2-3 mins.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1-2 mins.
- Add the orzo, muscat, 400ml water and 1 tbsp butter (double both for 4p) to the pot.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer until the orzo is al dente, 15-20 mins.
- Stir every 3-4 mins to prevent sticking.
- When the orzo is cooked, add the cheese, creme fraiche and spinach to the pot.
- Stir until spinach is wilted, 3-4 mins.
- Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if required.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Divide your veggie orzo between bowls.
- Finish with a scattering of walnuts.