White Bean Curry
with tomato onion salsa and naan
This lightly spiced cannellini bean curry is already hearty, but is helped even more by the addition of a warm and fluffy naan. A tomato salsa adds a refreshing element to this delicious dish.
North Indian Style Spice Mix
Korma Curry Paste
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans in a sieve.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add half the onion and fry until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the North Indian spice mix and cannellini beans and fry until fragrant, 1 min.
- Pour the passata, coconut milk, korma curry paste, ¼ tsp salt and ½ tsp sugar (double both for 4p) into the pot.
- Cover and simmer for 4-5 mins.
- Add the peas when 1 min of cooking time remains.
- Add a splash of water to loosen the curry if required.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- While the curry simmers, cut the tomato into 1cm chunks.
- Halve the chilli and discard the core and seeds. Finely chop.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Toss the tomato, coriander and chilli (use less if you don't like spice) with the remaining onion.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle a little water over each of the naans.
- Pop them into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- Divide the cannellini bean and pea curry between bowls.
- Top with a spoon of onion tomato salsa.
- Serve the warm naans and any remaining salsa alongside.