Chicken and Balsamic Glazed Veg
with pesto-yoghurt drizzle and garlic mash
A beautful base of creamy mashed potato is piled high with chicken and veg coated and roasted in aromatic Middle Eastern-inspired spices. A dish that will warm you from the inside out and keep you feeling satisfied for longer.
Middle Eastern Style Spice Mix
(Contains Sesame, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Boil a large pot of salted water for the potatoes.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook until fork tender, 12-18 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and return to the pot off the heat.
- Add a knob of butter and a splash of milk or water. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, trim the parsnip and carrot (peeling optional). Halve both lengthways then chop into roughly 1cm wide, 5cm long batons.
- Peel and quarter the shallot.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Pop the carrot, parsnip and shallot onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Toss with salt, pepper, half the Middle Eastern spice and a drizzle of oil.
- Spread out in a single layer. Roast on the top shelf of the oven until tender, 20-25 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Pop the garlic (unpeeled) into a small piece of foil with a drizzle of oil and scrunch to enclose.
- Roast alongside the veg until soft, 20-25 mins.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with remaining Middle Eastern spice, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken.
- Pop onto a separate lined baking tray.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven until cooked, 15-20 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Meanwhile, mix the yoghurt with the pesto to form a drizzle.
- Once roasted and tender, toss the veg with honey, half the balsamic glaze, and a knob of butter.
- Once the roasted garlic has cooled, cut the end with scissors, squeeze it out of its skin and mash with a fork.
- Mix the roast garlic well with the creamy mashed potato.
- Arrange some garlic mash on the centre of each plate.
- Place the balsamic roasted veg on top.
- Spoon over the pesto yoghurt drizzle.
- Slice the chicken and serve alongside.
- Finish with a scattering of scallion and a drizzle of the remaining balsamic glaze.