BBQ Chicken Loaded Wedges
BBQ Chicken Loaded Wedges
with black beans and melted cheese
Topped with black beans and cheese, this BBQ chicken dish is smoky, spicy and choc-a-block with an array of amazing ingredients.
Total Time35 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kJ)3482 kJ
Energy (kcal)832 kcal
of which saturates8.4 g
of which sugars15.8 g
Dietary Fiber16.6 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop the wedges onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, and season with BBQ rub, salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- Cook on the top shelf of your oven until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Cut the tomato into 2cm chunks.
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Mix the onion and tomato in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain and rinse black beans then pop into a medium bowl and roughly mash with a fork.
TIP: The smaller you chop the onion, the less of a bite it will have.
- Add 150ml water (double for 4p) to a pot and place over high heat.
- Add the BBQ sauce, chipotle paste and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, giving it a good stir to ensure everything is combined.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium then add the chicken and beans.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked and tender, 10-12 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Chicken is safe to eat when no longer pink in the middle.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and lower the heat if necessary.
- Once chicken has cooked, taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper. It should have a thick consistency.
- Pop the BBQ chicken and bean mix into an oven dish and top with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is golden and bubbly, 5-6 mins.
TIP: If the sauce becomes too thick, loosen with a splash of water.
- Remove the potato wedges from the oven and sprinkle over the onion and tomato salsa.
- Garnish the BBQ chicken with the sliced scallion.
- Serve separately and have everyone pile the BBQ chicken on top of their wedges at the table.