Beef Burgers in Mushroom Sauce
with homemade chunky wedges
These burgers are super moist and full of flavour, not only because of the juicy pan-fried beef but also because of the rich and creamy mushroom sauce that adorns it.
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop them onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, bake on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press). Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Place a pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, fry the mushrooms until softened, 4-5 mins.
- Add the creme fraiche, garlic, Worcester sauce and 25ml water (double for 4p). Bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the mushrooms are softened and the sauce has thickened, 6-8 mins. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, 2 tsp water and ¼ tsp salt (double both for 4p).
- Add the beef mince, season with pepper and mix everything together with your hands.
- Roll into evenly-sized balls, then shape into 1cm thick burgers, 1 per person. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the burgers until browned on the outside and cooked through, 10-12 mins.
- Turn every 2-3 mins, lowering the heat if needed. IMPORTANT: Burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once cooked, remove the pan from the heat. Place some cheese on top of each burger then cover the pan and set aside (off the heat) until the cheese melts, 3-4 mins.
- When everything is almost ready, pop the buns into the oven to warm through, 1-2 mins.
- Thinly slice the tomato.
TIP: Keep an eye on the buns so they don't burn!
- To assemble the burgers, spread a spoonful of mushroom sauce over each base bun.
- Top with the beef burger, remaining mushroom sauce and sliced tomato.
- Close with the top bun.
- Serve with the chunky potato wedges alongside.