Cheesy Chipotle Bean Quesadillas
with cucumber and tomato side salad
These veggie quesadillas are spicy, beany and deliciously cheesy. Above all else though, they're super easy. The perfect meal if you're looking for something healthy, fresh, and ready in 25 minutes or less.
Red Kidney Beans
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans.
- Pop into a medium bowl and roughly mash with the back of a fork (or a potato masher).
- Trim the scallions then slice thinly.
- Add the scallion, grated cheese, chipotle paste and tomato paste to the beans.
- Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Mix well.
- Lay half the tortillas (double for 4p) out on a board.
- Spread a little of the bean mix over half of each, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Fold the tortillas in half to make half-moon shapes.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan on medium-high heat.
- When hot, carefully lay the quesadillas in the pan. Fry until golden, 2 mins each side.
- Turn carefully. Lightly press down on them with a spatula to ensure they stick together and brown nicely.
TIP: You might have to do this in batches. Add more oil to the pan as needed and cover cooked quesadillas with foil to keep warm.
- While the quesadillas are frying, trim half the cucumber (double for 4p) then quarter lengthways. Chop widthways into small pieces. Halve the tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar with 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p). Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the salad leaves, tomatoes and cucumber and toss gently.
- Serve the quesadillas alongside plenty of salad.