Chicken in Creamy Rosemary Sauce
with roast potatoes and broccoli
The sauce that coats the juicy chicken in this recipe is a multifaceted affair. It's creamy with a hint of heat—owing to the inclusion of mustard—with the earthy herbaceousness of rosemary adding yet another layer. Crispy potatoes and tender broccoli are also great pairings for this delicious dressing.
(Contains Barley, Mustard, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Cut the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- Pick the rosemary sprigs and roughly chop.
- Add the potatoes to a lined baking tray and toss with half the rosemary, salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- Once the oven is hot roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Trim the tip of the broccoli. Cut head into small florets and stem into 2cm pieces.
- Add the broccoli to a lined baking tray and toss with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- When 12 mins of cooking time remain for the potatoes, place the broccoli on the middle shelf of the oven and roast until crispy around the edges, 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, place a hand flat on top of the chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Repeat with the other breast(s).
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing used to keep it fresh.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, lay in the chicken and cook until golden brown and crispy, 3-6 mins on each side (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded).
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and cover to keep warm. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Return the pan to medium-low heat and add the creme fraiche.
- Season with pepper and then stir in the muscat, mustard and remaining rosemary.
- Cook, stirring, until everything is combined and the sauce is nice and smooth, 3-5 mins.
- Once ready, add the chicken steaks back into the pan to coat in the sauce and warm through, 1-2 mins.
- Divide the broccoli and potatoes between plates.
- Plate the chicken alongside.
- Finish with a drizzle of the creamy mustard rosemary sauce.