Chicken Korma Style Curry
with broccoli and rice
If you're a fan of curry—but not a fan of spice—then you're in luck. This chicken korma curry has only the faintest hint of heat, but that definitely doesn't mean it's lacking in flavour.
Korma Curry Paste
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
- Boil 300ml water (double for 4p) in a medium pot.
- When boiling, add ¼ tsp of salt, stir in the rice, lower the heat to medium and pop on a lid.
- Leave to cook for 10 mins, then remove from the heat (still covered).
- Leave to the side for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Cut the broccoli into florets (like small trees). Halve any large florets.
- Place a large pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once pan is hot, add the diced chicken pieces and fry until browned on all sides, turning occasionally, 6-8 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands after handling raw meat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken is browned, add the onion and cook until softened, 3-4 mins. Stir occasionally.
- When onion has softened, add the korma curry paste, stock and 75ml water (double for 4p).
- Stir to combine.
- Add half the creme fraiche (double for 4p) and stir until fully mixed.
- Stir in the broccoli.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until broccoli is tender and chicken is cooked through, 4-5 mins, stirring occasionally. IMPORTANT: The chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Divide the rice between plates.
- Top with the chicken korma curry.