with coriander and fluffy rice
Butter chicken (also known as murgh makhani) is a popular, mild-flavoured dish in Indian cuisine. The butter in the recipe plays the crucial role of giving the spiced tomato sauce its beautifully rich and creamy texture.
Total Time25 minutes
Cooking Time15 minutes
North Indian Style Spice Mix
(Contains Cashew nuts May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut)
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)794 kcal
Energy (kJ)3321 kJ
of which saturates17.5 g
of which sugars14.3 g
Dietary Fiber2.4 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Pan with Lid
- Add 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) to a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with a lid.
- Leave to cook for 10 mins, then remove the pot from the heat (still covered) and leave to the side for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Drain the sweetcorn in a sieve.
- Place a medium pan over medium heat with 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p).
- Once the pan is hot, add the diced chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until golden brown on the outside and cooked through, 8-10 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion to the butter remaining in the pan.
- Fry until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Add the North Indian spice mix and fry for 1 min.
- Add the sweetcorn, passata and 50ml water (double for 4p) to the pan.
- Simmer for 5-7 mins.
- Add back in the chicken and half the creme fraiche and stir to warm through.
- Add a splash of water if required.
- Season the curry to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Serve the butter chicken alongside the rice.
- Garnish with cashews, coriander and a dollop of remaining creme fraiche.