with garlic butter sauce and roasted broccoli
This moreish chicken piccata is an Italian-inspired dish that originated in the US in the early 20th century. The term piccata refers to a method of cooking that involves dousing in flour and smothering in a buttery sauce.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm pieces (no need to peel).
- Pop onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- Once the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- While the potatoes cook, trim the tip of the broccoli. Cut head into small florets and stem into 2cm pieces.
- Pop onto a separate lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Halve and peel the shallot. Chop into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Finely chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of cling film.
- Bash with a rolling pin or the bottom of a pan until 2cm thick. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Add 3 tbsp flour (double for 4p) to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken in the flour to fully coat.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- When the potatoes have 15 mins of cooking time left, place the broccoli on the middle shelf of the oven and roast until slightly crispy, 12-15 mins.
- While everything cooks, place a pan over medium-high heat with a good glug of oil.
- Once hot, lay in the chicken. Fry until golden brown and cooked through, 5-6 mins each side. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer to a board, cover and allow to rest.
- Return the pan to medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the chopped shallot and cook until softened, 3-4 mins. Add the garlic and parsley and cook for 1 min more.
- Pour in the vinegar and allow to evaporate. Add 75ml water (double for 4p) and chicken stock powder.
- Bring to the boil and stir to dissolve the stock.
- Lower the heat and vigorously stir in 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p) until melted and combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the roast potatoes and crispy broccoli alongside.
- Finish with a generous drizzle of the garlic butter sauce.