Chilli Garlic Prawn Noodles
with teriyaki veg and crunchy peanuts
The wonderful thing about these garlic prawn noodles is that you can customise them to suit your individual taste. If you're a fan of heat, add plenty of chilli flakes for extra bite. If you like things on the milder side, simply be more reserved with your chilli flake shake!
(Contains Peanut May be present Nuts, Sesame, Cereals containing gluten)
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
(Contains Egg, Wheat)
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Dried Chilli Flakes
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a pot of salted water for the noodles.
- When the water is boiling, add the noodles and cook until softened, 4-6 mins.
- Drain in a sieve.
- Return to the pot with a splash of oil. Toss to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Zest and quarter the lime.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Trim the pak choi then chop widthways into quarters.
- Add the chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice), lime zest, 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p), half the garlic and half the soy sauce to a medium bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Pop the prawns into the bowl and turn to coat well in the marinade. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw prawns.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Once hot, add the prawns along with the marinade from the bowl and stir-fry until cooked through, 4-6 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the pan from the heat. IMPORTANT: Prawns are cooked when pink on the outside and opaque in the middle.
- Set the prawns aside and cover to keep warm.
- Return the pan to high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the pan is hot, fry the pepper and pak choi until starting to soften, 4-5 mins.
- Add the remaining garlic. Fry until fragrant, 30 secs.
- Add 75ml water, the juice of 2 lime wedges (double both for 4p), teriyaki sauce and remaining soy sauce. Stir together and bring to the boil.
- Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the noodles in the sauce until coated and warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Roughly chop the peanuts.
- Divide the noodles between bowls.
- Top with the prawns and any remaining sauce from the pan.
- Finish with a scattering of peanuts.
- Serve remaining lime wedges alongside for squeezing over.