Creamy Chicken Korma Baked Naan
with chilli butter potatoes and tomato salsa
Golden baked naans are topped with a rich, creamy and slightly sweet chicken korma in this indulgent dish. Cut through the richness with a side of chilli potatoes and a refreshing tomato salsa!
Diced Chicken Breast
Red Wine Vinegar
Korma Curry Paste
Dried Chilli Flakes
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the potatoes.
- Halve the potatoes (quartering larger pieces).
- When boiling, add the potatoes to the water, lower heat to medium and cook until fork tender, 12-18 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and return to the pot, off the heat. Cover to keep warm.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until golden brown on the outside and cooked through, 8-10 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- When the chicken is golden, stir in the korma paste and fry until fragrant, 30 secs.
- Add the creme fraiche, stock powder and ½ tsp sugar (double for 4p).
- Stir to combine and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, 3-4 mins.
- While the sauce simmers, place the naans onto a lined baking tray. Sprinkle with a little water then pop into the oven to warm, 2-3 mins.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the honey to the pan. Stir until incorporated, 30 secs.
- Taste and season with salt, pepper and sugar if needed.
- Divide your chicken korma between the naans.
- Bake on the top shelf of the oven until golden and toasted, 4-5 mins.
- Meanwhile, chop the tomato into 1cm chunks.
- Roughly chop the chives.
- In a medium bowl, mix the vinegar with a drizzle of oil, salt, pepper and ½ tsp sugar (double for 4p).
- Toss the tomato and chives through the dressing.
- When the potatoes are cooked and drained, stir through the chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice—or if you're cooking for kids) and 1 tbsp of butter (double for 4p). Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate up your loaded chicken korma naans.
- Serve the buttery chilli potatoes alongside.
- To finish, spoon the tomato salsa over the naan.