Crispy Chickpea Salad
Crispy Chickpea Salad
with avocado and crumbled Greek style cheese
Chickpeas coated in paprika and baked to a crispy consistency make the perfect adornment for the creamy Greek style cheese and crunchy veg that make up the rest of this abundant salad bowl.
•Under 650 calories
Total Time35 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
Greek Style Cheese
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)627 kcal
Energy (kJ)2622 kJ
of which saturates12.6 g
of which sugars11.4 g
Dietary Fiber12.4 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Arrange on a lined baking tray and toss in a drizzle of oil, half the paprika, and a pinch of salt.
- Bake until the chickpeas are crispy, 20-25 mins.
- Halve and peel the onion. Finely chop half (double for 4p).
- Chop half the pepper into strips (double for 4p).
- Quarter the lime.
- Roughly chop the coriander.
- Drain the sweetcorn.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the onion and pepper until browned, 3-4 mins.
- Add the drained corn and half the ground cumin and cook until starting to char, 2-3 mins.
- Transfer to a plate to allow to cool. Remove the pan from the heat.
- To a salad bowl, add 2 tbsp oil (double for 4p) along with the remaining paprika and cumin.
- Squeeze in the juice of one lime wedge (double for 4p).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well to combine.
- Crumble the Greek style cheese.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Use a tablespoon to scoop out the flesh. Chop into small cubes.
- Add the chickpeas, rocket, half the avocado, half the cheese and half the coriander to the bowl with the dressing.
- Toss together until everything is evenly mixed.
- Adjust the seasoning with lime juice, salt and pepper—all to taste.
- Divide the salad between bowls.
- Spoon over the charred pepper, onion and corn.
- Sprinkle over the remaining avocado, coriander, and cheese.