Crispy Chickpea Salad
with avocado and crumbled Greek style cheese
Chickpeas coated in paprika and baked to a crispy consistency make the perfect adornment for the creamy Greek style cheese and crunchy veg that make up the rest of this abundant salad bowl.
Greek Style Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a sieve.
- Spread out on a lined baking tray and toss with a drizzle of oil, half the paprika, and a pinch of salt.
- Bake until the chickpeas are crispy, 20-25 mins.
- Halve and peel the onion. Finely chop half (double for 4p).
- Halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop half into thin strips (double for 4p).
- Quarter the lime.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Drain the sweetcorn.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the onion and pepper until starting to brown, 3-4 mins.
- Add the drained corn and half the cumin.
- Cook until starting to char, 2-3 mins.
- Transfer to a plate to allow to cool. Remove the pan from the heat.
- To a salad bowl, add 2 tbsp oil (double for 4p) along with the remaining paprika and cumin.
- Squeeze in the juice of one lime wedge (double for 4p).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix well to combine.
- Crumble the Greek style cheese.
- Trim the baby gem, halve lengthways and thinly slice widthways.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Use a tablespoon to scoop out the flesh. Chop into small cubes.
- Add the chickpeas, salad leaves, half the avocado, half the cheese and half the coriander to the bowl with the dressing.
- Toss together until everything is evenly distributed.
- Adjust the seasoning with lime juice, salt and pepper—all to taste.
- Divide the salad between bowls.
- Spoon over the charred pepper, onion and corn.
- Sprinkle over the remaining avocado, coriander, and cheese.