Golden Crumbed Salmon and Broccoli
with buttered rice and lemony mayo
In this recipe, simple ingredients really shine. A lemony mayo works perfectly with the breaded salmon and garlicky broccoli while butter adds new depth and dimension to the side of fluffy rice.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid.
- Leave to cook for 10 mins, then remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- While the rice cooks, zest and juice half the lemon. Cut the remaining lemon into thick wedges.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo, lemon zest and ½ tsp lemon juice (double for 4p).
- Season to taste with sugar, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with ½ tbsp oil (double for 4p).
- Trim the tip of the broccoli. Cut half the head into small florets (double for 4p) and stem into 2cm pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, deseed and finely chop the chilli.
- Pop the broccoli onto a lined baking tray.
- Toss together with the garlic, chilli, salt, pepper, and a good glug of oil. Spread out in a single layer. Set the tray aside.
- Pat the salmon dry with kitchen paper then season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw fish.
- Arrange the fillets, skin-side down, on a separate lined baking tray.
- Spread a thin layer of mayo over the tops of the salmon fillets.
- Spoon equal amounts of the breadcrumb mix onto each fillet. Press down firmly with the back of the spoon to ensure it adheres.
- Place the broccoli on the middle shelf of the oven and roast until the edges are crispy and slightly charred, 10-15 mins.
- Bake the salmon on the top shelf of the oven until the fish is cooked through and the breadcrumbs are golden, 10-15 mins. IMPORTANT: Salmon is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- Stir 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p) into the rice until melted and well incorporated, fluffing it up as you go.
- Divide your salmon, broccoli and rice between plates.
- Serve with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce over your salmon and lemon wedges alongside for squeezing over.