Haddock in Garlic Chive Butter
with roast potatoes and broccoli
The fish in this delicious dish is basted in beautiful lemony garlicy herby butter. These flavours work together to create a sauce that's zesty, rich and fresh all at once.
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (no need to peel). Pop the chunks onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the chives (use scissors if it's easier).
- Zest half the lemon (double for 4p) then cut into thick wedges.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Chop the broccoli into florets (like small trees). Halve any large florets.
- Place the broccoli on another lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat.
- When the potatoes have been in the oven for 15-20 mins, pop the broccoli onto the middle shelf.
- Roast until the edges are crispy and slightly charred, 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, place a large pan on medium-high heat with 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p) and a drizzle of oil.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Once butter is melted carefully place the haddock into the pan skin-side down. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw fish.
- Cook for 3-4 mins then cook for 2-3 mins on the other side.
TIP: To get crispy skin on the fish, don't move it around when it's cooking skin-side down.
- Add the chives and garlic to the pan and squeeze in the juice of half the lemon (double for 4p).
- Continuously spoon the butter over the fish for 1-2 mins, then remove from the heat. IMPORTANT: The fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- When cooked, plate up the haddock with the roasted broccoli and potatoes alongside.
- Spoon the melted butter from the pan over the fish and sprinkle with the lemon zest to finish.
- Serve the remaining lemon wedges alongside for squeezing over.