Lemon and Parsley Hake
on a bed of bulgur, aubergine and courgette
Melt-in-mouth oven-roasted aubergine and courgette mixed with fluffy bulgur team up with bright and fresh marinated hake for a meal that will keep your heart healthy and your tastebuds happy too.
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Peanut, Nuts, Sesame)
Harissa Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Zest and juice half the lemon (double for 4p).
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Quarter the tomatoes.
- Trim the aubergine then cut into 2cm pieces.
- Trim the courgette then quarter lengthways. Cut each quarter widthways into thirds to make batons.
- Pop the aubergine and courgette onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with harissa spice mix, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until the veg is softened and golden, 20-25 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Meanwhile, place a pot over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 min.
- Pour in 240ml water (double for 4p) along with the stock powder and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the bulgur, bring back up to the boil and simmer for 1 min.
- Pop a lid on the pot and remove from the heat. Leave to the side for 12-15 mins or until ready to serve.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- While the bulgur boils, add 1½ tbsp oil and 1 tsp of lemon juice (double both for 4p) to a medium bowl.
- Stir through the chopped parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and set aside.
TIP: Add more lemon juice if you feel it needs it!
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Pat the fish dry with kitchen paper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once hot, lay the hake fillets into the pan and cook for 4-5 mins.
- Turn over and cook for a further 4-5 mins on the other side. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw fish. Fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- When everything is ready, fluff up the bulgur with a fork.
- Stir through the tomatoes, aubergine, courgette and lemon zest.
- Taste then season with salt, pepper and more lemon juice if desired.
- Share the bulgur between your plates, then top with the hake.
- Finish with a generous drizzle of the parsley dressing.