Mexican Quinoa Salad
with harissa lime dressing
Quinoa dates back to ancient Inca and Aztec cultures and today is a staple ingredient in the cuisines of many countries across the Americas. It's a great vehicle for strong flavours and it's also high in fibre and all sorts of good-for-you nutrients.
Harissa Spice Mix
Greek Style Cheese
Mexican Style Spice Mix
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of water for the quinoa.
- When boiling, add the vegetable stock powder and stir to dissolve.
- Stir in the quinoa and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until the quinoa has doubled in size and the seed has visibly split, 12-15 mins.
- Drain in a sieve and leave to cool.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, cut the tomato into 1cm cubes.
- Drain and rinse the black beans in a sieve.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the beans with the Mexican spice mix until fragrant, 4-5 mins. When cooked, remove from the heat and stir through the chipotle.
- Meanwhile, make your dressing by mixing the harissa spice mix, the juice of one whole lime, 2 tsp oil, ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar (double all for 4p) in a large bowl.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit.
- Cut the avocado into chunks (while still in its skin) then use a spoon to scoop the flesh into the bowl with the dressing.
- Add the salad leaves, cooled quinoa, beans and tomato to the bowl.
- Crumble in half the Greek style cheese.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the quinoa salad between bowls.
- Top with a crumbling of the remaining cheese.