Moroccan Spiced Beef Stew
with charred courgette, couscous and Greek style cheese
Gently charred courgette, salty Greek style cheese and a thick tomato-y beef stew sit atop a bed of fluffy couscous in this warm and hearty Middle Eastern inspired dish.
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya)
Greek Style Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the beef mince.
- Break up the beef with a wooden spoon as it browns and cook for 5-6 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw mince. The mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Trim the courgette then slice into 1cm thick rounds.
- Roughly chop the chives (use scissors if easier).
- Once the beef has browned, add the ground cumin and paprika. Stir and cook for 1 min.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, honey and 150ml water (double for 4p).
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Leave the stew to simmer until thickened, 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil your kettle (or a pot of water if you haven't got one).
- Add the couscous and beef stock to a medium bowl. Add a drizzle of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour 200ml boiling water (double for 4p) into the bowl.
- Stir together, cover and leave to the side for 10 mins or until ready to serve.
- Place another pan over high heat (no oil).
- Add the courgette and leave to cook until charred, 4-5 mins each side.
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Try the stew and season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar if needed.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and divide between bowls.
- Spoon over the beef stew and top with charred courgette.
- Crumble the Greek style cheese over the stew and garnish with the chives.