Mushroom Curry Ramen
with charred garlic pak choi
Ramen is a popular Japanese dish typically consisting of noodles and different toppings served in broth. While there are many types of ramen, this particular one is a vegan version packed with veg and nicely spiced.
Thai Style Spice Mix
Korma Curry Paste
Not included in your delivery
- Quarter the mushrooms.
- Trim the pak choi then halve lengthways.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Trim the carrot, then quarter lengthways (no need to peel). Chop widthways into small pieces.
- Halve the lime. Thinly slice the chilli.
- Place a large pot over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the mushrooms and carrot and fry until softened, 5-6 mins.
- Add the Thai spice and korma paste and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add the coconut milk, stock and 300ml water (double for 4p). Bring to the boil, cover and simmer the soup for 12-14 mins.
- With 1 min left to cook, add the noodles to the soup to allow to warm through. Season to taste with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, lay in the pak choi. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on one side for 2 mins then turn over and cook for another 2 mins on the other side.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 min. The pak choi should be slightly browned and charred.
- Add a splash of water, pop a lid (or some foil) on the pan and leave to steam for another 3 mins.
- Divide the soup between bowls.
- Top with garlic pak choi and sliced chilli (use less if you don't like spice).
- Cut any remaining lime into wedges and serve alongside.