Quick and Easy Stir-fried Pork
with sugar snaps and bell pepper
This teriyaki pork mince stir-fry is the ultimate quick and easy meal. It's so effortless to prepare, in fact, that you might be surprised by how delicious a dish it is. With tender fried peppers and sugar snap peas for added colour and crunch, this is a simple dish that's not to be missed.
Sugar Snap Peas
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Add 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) to a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover with the lid and cook for 10 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- While the rice cooks, halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the sugar snaps widthways.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pepper.
- Stir-fry until just starting to soften, 3-4 mins.
- Add the pork mince to the pepper and cook until browned, 5-6 mins.
- Use a spoon to break up the pork as it cooks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince. Pork is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once the pork is browned, add the garlic and sugar snaps to the pan.
- Stir-fry together for 1 min.
- Stir in the teriyaki sauce and cook for 1 min more.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
TIP: Add a splash of water if you feel it's a little dry.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and share between bowls.
- Top with the teriyaki pork stir-fry.