Roast Veg Rigatoni
with pomodoro sauce and cheese
This veg-filled pasta dish is the perfect plate for when you want something that's quick to make and will make you feel good. Al dente linguine and an array of veg mean this is a meal that's satisfying while also being suitably healthy.
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Boil a pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- Halve and peel the onion. Cut each half into three wedges and separate the layers.
- Trim the carrot and halve lengthways. Chop widthways into 2cm chunks (no need to peel).
- Quarter the mushrooms. Halve any larger quarters.
- Spread the veg on a lined baking tray. Toss together with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 12-15 mins.
- When the water is boiling, add the rigatoni and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Roughly chop the chives (use scissors if you prefer).
- Place a pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the garlic and tomato paste until fragrant, 1 min. Next add the passata, stock powder, Worcester sauce, 150ml water and ½ tsp sugar (double both for 4p).
- Simmer the sauce until thickened slightly, 5-6 mins. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add the roasted veg and pasta to the sauce.
- Cook, stirring, until coated and warmed through, 1 min.
- Divide the pasta between plates.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of cheese and chives.