Spiced Mushroom and Coconut Stew
with cheese crostini
This is a fragrant dish that's packed with veg and flavoured with spices, herbs, and creamy coconut milk. The accompanying Greek style cheese crostini adds plenty of crunch for a meal that's got a little bit of everything!
(Contains Wheat, Barley May be present Soya, Milk)
Greek Style Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Halve and peel the onion. Cut each half into 3 wedges.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Place a pot over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Lower heat to medium-high. Add the BBQ rub and 1 tbsp flour (double for 4p). Fry for 1 min.
- Shake the coconut milk and reserve 1 tbsp (double for 4p). Add remaining coconut milk, muscat, half the chopped parsley and 250ml water (double for 4p) to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, cut the baguettes widthways at an angle into 2cm slices.
- Lay the slices on a baking tray. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 mins.
- While the crostini are crisping, use a fork to mash together the Greek style cheese and reserved coconut milk. You want to make a sort of paste!
- Once the crostinis are crispy, spread the cheese mixture on top of each slice.
- Garnish with a crack of black pepper.
- Season the stew to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide between bowls.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of remaining parsley.
- Serve the Greek style cheese crostini alongside.