Sweet Chilli Marinated Pork
with pan fried broccolini and carrot
Fragrant rice forms the base of this Asian-inspired pork dish. Garlic, ginger and coriander are all familiar flavours in South-Asian cooking, while vibrant veg adds a satisfying crunch as well as all-important nutrients.
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and stock powder and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat to medium, cover with the lid and cook for 12 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 12 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Peel and grate the ginger. Use a teaspoon to easily scrape away the peel.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Trim and halve the carrot widthways. Cut lengthways into ½ cm thick batons.
- Trim and discard the bottom of the broccolini.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Quarter the lime.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Cut the pork into 2cm chunks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the diced pork, broccolini, onion and carrot for 2-3 mins.
- Lower the heat to medium-high and add the ginger and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and fry until fragrant, 1 min.
- Add the sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and juice from half the lime.
- Add a splash of water, cover and cook for 6-8 mins. IMPORTANT: Pork is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and divide between plates.
- Serve the sweet chilli pork and veg alongside.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and remaining lime wedges.