Sweetcorn Butter Masala
with golden cheese and coriander
The mix of North Indian spices and fresh coriander balances out the richness of this dish with just enough brightness and bite to create a well-rounded recipe you're sure to love.
North Indian Style Spice Mix
(Contains Cashew nuts May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut)
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 10 mins.
- Remove the pot from the heat and keep covered for 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Drain the sweetcorn in a sieve.
- Chop the grilling cheese into 2cm chunks and pop into a bowl of cold water to soak.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the pan is hot, transfer the cheese from its bowl and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Fry the cheese until golden all over, 4-6 mins. Shift every 1-2 mins.
- Once the cheese is golden, transfer to a bowl then return the pan to medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter (double for 4p) to the pan and fry the onion until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Add the North Indian spice mix and fry for 1 min more.
- Add the sweetcorn along with the passata and 50ml water (double for 4p). Simmer for 5-7 mins.
- Stir in the cheese and coconut milk and allow to warm through.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
TIP: Add a splash of water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Season the sauce to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Serve the sweetcorn butter masala in bowls alongside the fluffy rice.
- Garnish with cashews and coriander.