Thai Style Chicken Curry
with courgette and fragrant rice
This Thai-inspired chicken curry is creamy, fragrant, and as spicy as you like. Lime rice adds a satiating element while the courgette and onion add vibrancy, health and crunch.
Red Thai Style Paste
Diced Chicken Breast
Thai Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover with the lid and cook for 12 mins.
- Remove the pot from the heat and keep covered for another 12 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, trim the courgette and chop into 1cm cubes.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Halve the chilli lengthways, deseed and thinly slice.
- Zest and halve the lime.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the chicken until starting to brown, 3-4 mins.
- Once browned, add the onion and courgette and fry for another 2 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh. It will still taste delicious once cooked!
- Add the Thai style spice mix, red Thai paste and half the chilli to the pan. You can use less chilli if you don't like spice—or more if you do. Cook for 30 secs.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the veg is tender, 8-10 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice to your curry.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and more lime juice if desired.
- Stir the lime zest through the rice, fluffing it up as you go.
TIP: Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if you feel it's too thick.
- Serve the lime rice in bowls topped with the chicken curry.
- Finish with a sprinkling of as much of the remaining chopped chilli as you like.