Tofu Noodles in Peanut Sauce
with carrot and bell pepper
This peanut-based dish features crispy tofu, meaning it's packed with protein. The tender veg provides added vitamins and minerals for a nutritious, quick and satisfying stir-fry.
(Contains Egg, Wheat)
Thai Style Spice Mix
Sweet Chilli Sauce
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the egg noodles.
- When the water is boiling, add the noodles and cook until softened, 4-6 mins.
- Drain in a sieve and return to the pot with a splash of oil.
- Toss to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, drain the tofu and chop into 2cm cubes. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Toss with a drizzle of oil, half the Thai style spice mix, 1⁄2 tsp salt (double for 4p) and pepper.
- Place a pan over high heat with a good glug of oil.
- Once hot, fry the tofu until slightly crispy, 6-8 mins. Shift frequently to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, trim the carrot, quarter lengthways and chop widthways into small pieces (no need to peel).
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into 2cm chunks.
- Quarter the lime.
- Return the pan to high heat with a drizzle of oil (if required).
- Add the carrot, season with salt and pepper and fry until tender, 5-6 mins.
- Lower the heat to medium-high and add the pepper. Fry for another 2-3 mins.
- Add the remaining Thai spice mix and fry for 1 min more.
- Next add the peanut butter, coconut milk, and 150ml water (double for 4p) to the pan. Stir well to combine and bring to the boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add ¼ tsp sugar, the juice of two lime wedges (double both for 4p) and the ketjap manis.
- Taste and season with sugar, salt and pepper. Add a splash of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Add the drained noodles and tofu to the pan and mix until everything is coated and warmed through, 1 min.
- Share the noodles between plates.
- Top with remaining lime wedges.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime juice and a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce.