BBQ Baked Veggie Rigatoni
with melted mozzarella and warm baguette
It's a delicious and veg-packed pasta bake—with a twist. The bell pepper and pasta in this dish are smothered in no less than two types of delicious cheese and drizzled with sweet and sticky BBQ sauce!
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
(Contains Wheat, Barley May be present Soya, Milk)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When boiling, add the rigatoni to the water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat. Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into 2cm chunks.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the onion and pepper to the pan and fry until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Add garlic and paprika and cook for 1 min more.
- Add the passata, muscat and a splash of water to the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Stir in the drained rigatoni and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pop the pasta into an appropriately-sized oven dish.
- Drain and tear the mozzarella. Scatter it on top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle over half the Italian cheese and drizzle with the BBQ sauce.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted, 6-8 mins.
- Meanwhile, pop the baguettes into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Divide the pasta between plates.
- Garnish with the remaining Italian cheese and parsley.
- Plate the warmed baguette alongside.