Beef and Chorizo Burger
with salad and fries
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the sweet potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm wide chips (no need to peel).
- Pop the chips onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, half the paprika, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, bake on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- In a large bowl, combine the Worcester sauce and breadcrumbs.
- Add 2 tsp water and ¼ tsp salt (double both for 4p).
- Add the beef mince, chorizo, season with pepper and mix everything together with your hands.
- Roll into evenly-sized balls, then form into 1cm thick burgers, 1 per person. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
TIP: The burgers will shrink a little during cooking.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once oil is hot, fry the burgers until browned on the outside and cooked through, 10-12 mins. Turn them every 2-3 mins and lower heat if needed. IMPORTANT: The burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- When burgers are done, remove pan from heat.
- Place some cheese on top of each burger.
- Cover pan and set aside (off the heat) until the cheese melts, 3-4 mins.
While the burgers are frying, halve, peel and thinly slice the onion. Place a small pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. Once hot, add the onion, season with salt and pepper and fry until soft and sweet, 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally. Add half the balsamic glaze and a pinch of sugar. Cook until the balsamic has evaporated, 1-2 mins.
- Pop the buns onto a baking tray.
- Warm in the oven, 1-2 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining paprika with aioli.
- Halve the tomatoes.
- Reserving a few salad leaves for the burger, toss the remaining salad leaves with the tomatoes, remaining balsamic glaze, drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
TIP: Keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
- To assemble the burgers, spread a spoonful of aioli over each base bun.
- Top with the reserved leaves, chorizo and beef burger, tomato slices and caramelised onion. Close with the top bun.
- Serve with chips and salad alongside.