Beef Meatballs and Melted Mozzarella
with baby spinach and roasted potatoes
Though these may be Italian style meatballs, they're made with 100% Irish beef. Accompanied by a side of crispy roast potatoes and topped with melted mozzarella, this is a dish that everyone's sure to love.
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
(Contains Barley, Mustard, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (no need to peel).
- Pop the potatoes onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat.
- Spread out in a single layer (leaving room for the meatballs).
- To a large bowl, add the beef mince, breadcrumbs, mustard and Worcester sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper then mix everything together with your hands.
- Once combined, form into evenly-sized meatballs, 5 per person. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
- When the oven is hot, cook the potatoes and beef meatballs together for 15 mins.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- When the potatoes and meatballs have been cooking for 15 mins, remove the meatballs from the oven (leaving the potatoes to cook).
- Add the meatballs to an oven dish.
- Stir in the spinach, chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Roughly tear the mozzarella and spread it on top.
- Place the meatballs in the oven below the potatoes.
- Cook everything until the mozzarella has melted and the spinach has wilted, 10-15 mins. IMPORTANT: Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Divide the mozzarella meatballs between plates.
- Serve with the crispy potatoes alongside.