Cajun Chicken Traybake
with asparagus and mini roast potatoes
This traybake might be a snap to prepare, but that doesn't mean it's not filled with flavour. Between golden roast potatoes, tender broccolini, soft sweet carrots and juicy chicken breast, this is a dish that's definitely minimal effort for maximum reward.
Cajun Spice Mix
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (no need to peel).
- Pop the chunks onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- In a large bowl, mix the cajun spice, garlic, honey and 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat in the marinade. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging we use to keep it fresh.
- Meanwhile, trim the carrot then halve lengthways (no need to peel). Slice widthways into pieces about ½ cm thick.
- Pop onto a (separate) lined baking tray, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat.
- Arrange the marinated chicken next to the carrot on the tray.
- Roast together on the middle shelf of the oven until golden and cooked through, 20-25 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, trim the bottom of the broccolini.
- Season with oil, salt and pepper.
- When the chicken and carrots have been cooking for 10 mins, remove from the oven and pop the broccolini onto the tray next to them.
- Cook for the remaining time, 10-15 mins.
- Zest half the lemon (double for 4p) then cut into thick wedges.
- In a small bowl mix a drizzle of oil, the lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice and mayo.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix well to combine.
- When everything is ready, slice the chicken widthways.
- Plate up the sliced chicken alongside the roast potatoes, carrots and broccolini.
- Finish with a drizzle of the lemony mayo.