Carbonara Style Bacon Linguine
with peas and sprinkled chives
Carbonara is a classic Italian dish, the trademark of which is its creamy texture and the inclusion of smoky salty bacon bits. It's a recipe that doesn't shy away from being rich, which make the vibrant green peas a perfect addition.
(Contains Wheat May be present Mustard, Soya)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the linguine.
- When boiling, add the linguine to the water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, reserve a cup of pasta water then drain the linguine in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- While the pasta cooks, finely chop the chives (use scissors if you prefer).
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the bacon lardons. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat. Cook lardons thoroughly.
- Fry until golden, stirring occasionally, 5-8 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix 1 egg (double for 4p) with the creme fraiche, cheese and a good amount of pepper.
- Once the lardons are ready, add the drained linguine to the pan.
- Cook on medium-high heat, stirring, until combined and warmed through, 2-3 mins.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the egg. Stir together to coat well.
- Add the peas to the pasta and stir to warm through.
- Loosen the sauce with a splash of reserved pasta water if desired.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide your creamy carbonara style pasta between bowls.
- Top with a sprinkling of chives.