Carrot and Tomato Soup
with crunchy croutons and pesto drizzle
The only thing better than a warm bowl of soup for dinner are crispy croutons and melted mozzarella to have along with it. The carrots and pesto make this dish vibrant both in colour and in taste.
(Contains Cereals containing gluten, Wheat, Barley May be present Milk, Soya)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Dilute the stock powder in 600ml hot water (double for 4p).
- Halve, peel and finely chop the onion.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Trim the carrot then halve lengthways (no need to peel). Slice widthways into pieces about 1cm thick.
- Cut the tomato into wedges.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry until fragrant, 2-3 mins.
- Add the carrot and tomato and fry until softened, 4-5 mins.
- Add the diluted stock and passata to the pot and cook, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 mins.
- Cut the baguettes into 2cm chunks.
- Pop onto a lined baking tray and toss in salt, pepper and a good drizzle of oil.
- Bake in the oven until golden, 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, tear the mozzarella into small pieces.
- Remove the pot from the heat and blend the soup.
- Add additional water if the soup is too thick.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Loosen the pesto with 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p).
- Divide the soup between your bowls.
- Garnish with crunchy croutons and mozzarella.
- Finish with the pesto drizzle.