Charred Courgette Rigatoni
with pesto and Italian style cheese
Ready in 25 minutes or less, this courgette and cherry tomato pasta is just the thing if you're in need of a balanced, tasty and nutritious meal that won't take all evening to prepare.
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When boiling, add the rigatoni to the water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot (off the heat).
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Trim the courgette, halve lengthways then slice widthways into 1cm thick half-moons.
- Place a pan over high heat (without oil). When hot, cook the courgette until charred, 6-8 mins. Stir only every 1-2 mins so it picks up a nice colour. Once cooked, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes to the pan with a drizzle of oil. Fry until fragrant, 2-3 mins.
- Add 50ml water, ¼ tsp sugar (double both for 4p) and passata.
- Simmer until tomatoes have softened and sauce has thickened, 4-5 mins. Stir through the pesto and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and carefully toss to coat.
TIP: Add a splash of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Divide the cherry tomato rigatoni between bowls.
- Garnish with Italian style cheese.