Cheesy Mexican Spiced Burger
with chilli flake potato wedges
Want a little more spice in your life? Then look no further than these cheesy Mexican spiced beef burgers and crispy, chilli flake potato wedges.
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Mexican Style Spice Mix
Dried Chilli Flakes
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop them onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil. Season with chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice), salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, bake on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion into rings.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Add the Mexican spice mix, breadcrumbs, ½ tsp salt and 2 tbsp water (double both for 4p) to a large bowl, then mix to combine.
- Add the beef mince and garlic to the bowl.
- Season with pepper then mix together with your hands.
- Roll the mince mixture into evenly-sized balls, then flatten to make 1cm thick burger patties (1 per person). IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Pop the burgers onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake on the middle shelf of your oven until cooked through, 12-15 mins. IMPORTANT: Burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Carefully place cheese on top of each burger and bake until the cheese is melted, another 3-5 mins.
TIP: The burgers will shrink a little during cooking.
- While the cheese melts, separate the brioche buns.
- Pop into the oven to warm through, 1-2 mins.
TIP: Keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
- To assemble the burgers, drizzle a little sriracha onto each base bun.
- Top with the cheesy beef burger and sliced onion. Close with the top bun.
- Serve the spicy potato wedges alongside.