Cheesy Turkey and Bacon Burger
with roast potatoes, cranberry chutney and balsamic Brussels sprouts
A specially made festive recipe for you to enjoy this holiday season!
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- Pop onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, trim the Brussels sprouts and halve through the root.
- Pop onto a lined baking tray.
- Toss with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until browned and tender, 18-20 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Meanwhile, mix mince, Worcester sauce, breadcrumbs, 1 tbsp water and ¼ tsp salt (double both for 4p) in a bowl. Season with pepper.
- Form 1cm thick burgers, 1 per person. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat. Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- When potatoes have 15 mins left, place a pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry burgers until cooked through, 10-12 mins.
- Turn every 3-4 mins. Cook covered for final 3-4 mins.
- Meanwhile, place a pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the bacon lardons until golden, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat. Cook lardons thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Add 1 tbsp flour to the pot (double for 4p).
- Stir in 100ml water (double for 4p) a little at a time. Bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer until thickened, 1-2 mins.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the creme fraiche and cheese. Stir until all the cheese has melted. Season with ½ tsp pepper (double for 4p) and salt to taste.
- Toss the roasted sprouts with balsamic glaze until coated and glossy.
- Pop the buns into the oven to warm, 1-2 mins.
- Spread cranberry chutney over the cut side of the base buns and top with the turkey burgers.
- Spoon half of the cheese sauce onto each burger and close with the bun lids.
- Serve the roasted potatoes and balsamic glazed Brussels sprouts on the side.
- Pour remaining cheesy sauce over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle over the sliced scallion.