Chicken Fried Rice
with scallions and bell pepper
Chicken fried rice is an undisputed fast food favourite. Now you can give your local takeaway a run for its money with this quick, easy and super tasty dish.
Diced Chicken Breast
Sweet Chilli Sauce
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the rice.
- Once boiling add the rice and cook for 12-15 mins.
- Drain in a sieve and rinse through with cold water to cool the rice.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until golden brown on the outside and cooked through, 8-10 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. The chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, trim the carrot, then coarsely grate (no need to peel).
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Drain the sweet corn in a sieve.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Set the cooked chicken aside and return the pan to high heat with sesame oil.
- When the oil is hot, add in the carrot, corn, sliced pepper and onion.
- Season with salt and pepper and fry until softened stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Add the ketjap manis, sweet chilli sauce and stock and mix well.
- Whisk 1 egg (double for 4p) in a bowl.
- Shift the veg to one side of the pan. Pour in the egg mix to the empty side of the pan and gently stir with a spatula to create a scrambled texture.
- Mix well with the veg and pop in the chicken and cooled rice.
- Stir-fry everything together for 2-3 mins. Season the fried rice to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide your chicken fried rice between bowls.
- Top with sliced scallion.