Chipotle Beef Mince Tacos
with carrot slaw and roasted pepper
While the chipotle paste in these assemble-yourself beef mince tacos adds a pleasing element of spice, the creamy carrot coleslaw is great for cutting through the heat.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Mexican Style Spice Mix
Red Wine Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Trim the carrot, then coarsely grate (no need to peel).
- Pop the pepper onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until soft and slightly charred, 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Once hot, add the beef mince and fry until browned, 5-6 mins.
- Use a spoon to break the mince up as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince. Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Add the Mexican spice mix and chipotle paste to the pan and fry until fragrant, 2-3 mins. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To make the slaw, mix the grated carrot with the aioli.
- Pop the tortillas into the oven to warm, 1-2 mins.
- In a separate bowl for the salad, mix the vinegar with 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p).
- Just before serving, toss the salad leaves through the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the carrot slaw, spiced beef mince, dressed salad leaves and roasted peppers separately.
- Divide the warmed tortillas between plates.
- Allow everyone to assemble their own chipotle beef tacos at the table.