Chorizo and Potato Hash
with parsley aioli
Golden roasted potatoes form the base of this wonderful jumble of a dish. Also making an appearance are smoky chorizo, juicy cherry tomatoes and zippy scallions for added crunch.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- Pop the chunks onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips, then chop into roughly 1cm pieces. Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Finely chop parsley. Thinly slice scallions. Halve the tomatoes. Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Stir together the aioli, half the parsley and half the garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions. Cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, 2-3 mins.
- Add balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp sugar (double for 4p). Season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until dark golden brown, 7-8 mins.
- Remove pan from heat. Transfer the onions to another small bowl and set aside. Carefully wipe pan clean.
- Heat the same pan with another drizzle of oil over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 mins.
- Add the chorizo and remaining garlic. Cook the chorizo for 3-4 mins, until browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add roasted potatoes, tomatoes, half the scallions and remaining parsley to the pan with chorizo. Stir together.
- Divide hash between bowls and top with caramelised onions.
- Dollop with parsley aioli and sprinkle remaining scallions over the top.