Chorizo and Potato Hash
Chorizo and Potato Hash
with parsley aioli
Golden roasted potatoes form the base of this wonderful jumble of a dish. Also making an appearance are smoky chorizo, juicy cherry tomatoes and zippy scallions for added crunch.
Total Time40 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kJ)3040 kJ
Energy (kcal)727 kcal
of which saturates7.5 g
of which sugars16.1 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- Pop the chunks onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into roughly 1cm pieces.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Halve the tomatoes.
- Finely chop the parsley. Thinly slice the scallion.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Place a large pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the onion. Cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, 2-3 mins.
- Add balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp sugar (double for 4p). Season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until dark golden brown, 7-8 mins.
- Remove pan from heat. Transfer the onion to a small bowl and set aside. Wipe the pan clean.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with another drizzle of oil.
- When hot, fry the pepper until softened, stirring occasionally, 3-4 mins.
- Add the chorizo and half the garlic. Cook the chorizo for 3-4 mins, until browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, to a small bowl add the aioli, half the parsley and the remaining garlic.
- Stir together to combine.
- Add roast potatoes, tomatoes, half the scallion and remaining parsley to the pan with chorizo. Stir together and cook, 1-2 mins.
- Divide the hash between bowls and top with the caramelised onion.
- Dollop with parsley aioli and finish with a sprinkling of the remaining scallion.