Chorizo and Potato Hash
with parsley aioli
Golden roasted potatoes form the base of this wonderful jumble of a dish. Also making an appearance are smoky chorizo, juicy cherry tomatoes and zippy scallions for added crunch.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- Pop the chunks onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into roughly 1cm pieces.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Halve the tomatoes.
- Finely chop the parsley. Thinly slice the scallion.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Place a large pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the onion. Cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, 2-3 mins.
- Add balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp sugar (double for 4p). Season with salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until dark golden brown, 7-8 mins.
- Transfer the onion from the pan and cover to keep warm. Wipe the pan clean.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with another drizzle of oil.
- When hot, fry the pepper until softened, stirring occasionally, 3-4 mins.
- Add the chorizo and half the garlic.
- Cook the chorizo until browned, 3-4 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, to a small bowl add the aioli, half the parsley and the remaining garlic.
- Stir together to combine.
- Add roast potatoes, tomatoes, half the scallion and remaining parsley to the pan with the chorizo.
- Stir together and cook until warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Divide the hash between bowls and top with the caramelised onion.
- Dollop with parsley aioli and finish with a sprinkling of the remaining scallion.