Chorizo and Prawn Tacos
with harissa aioli and spicy wedges
The best types of tacos are those where you have a myriad of flavours and textures in every bite. That's exactly what you'll experience when you taste the spicy, herby, meaty tongue-tingling filling in these tortillas.
Red Wine Vinegar
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Harissa Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm thick wedges (peeling optional). Pop the wedges onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil. Season with salt, pepper and harissa spice mix.
- Toss to coat and spread out in a single layer.
- Once oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary—you want the wedges nicely spread out!
- Meanwhile, quarter the tomatoes.
- Finely chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- In a medium bowl, mix the red wine vinegar with 2 tbsp oil (double for 4p). Season with salt and pepper then add the parsley and tomatoes.
- Just before serving, add the rocket to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Add half the harissa paste to a small bowl along with the aioli.
- Mix together then set aside.
- When 15 mins of cooking time remain for the wedges, place a large pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Once hot, fry the chorizo until it starts to brown, 3-4 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the chorizo from the pan and mix with the remaining harissa paste.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat (add a drizzle of oil if the pan is too dry).
- Roughly chop the prawns. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw prawns.
- Once the pan is hot, add the prawns.
- Season with salt and pepper and fry, stirring, for 3-4 mins.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 min more, then remove the pan from the heat. IMPORTANT: Prawns are cooked when pink on the outside.
- Meanwhile, pop the tortillas into the oven to warm, 1-2 mins.
- Top the tortillas with harissa chorizo chunks and fried prawns.
- Garnish each taco with the rocket and tomato salad.
- Finish with a drizzle of harissa aioli.
- Serve with the spiced wedges alongside.