Chorizo Crumbed Leek and Potato Soup
with warm baguette
Leek and potato soup is a classically Irish recipe that's creamy, comforting, and wonderfully warming. This particular dish is spiced up just a bit with the addition of a herby and smoky chorizo crumb.
(Contains Wheat, Barley May be present Soya, Milk)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Trim the root and the dark green leafy part from the leek. Thinly slice.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- Roughly chop the parsley, stalks and all.
- Peel grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the leek and garlic then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-6 mins.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 1 min.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp flour (double for 4p) over the veg. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 min.
- Pour 650ml water (double for 4p) into the pot along with the stock powder.
- Bring to the boil then simmer until potatoes are fork tender, 12-15 mins.
- Add the creme fraiche. Using a blender or food processor, puree until smooth.
- If your soup is too thick, add water in small increments until you get your desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While the soup simmers, place a large pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Once the pan is hot, add the chorizo and fry until it starts to brown, 3-4 mins.
- Add a drizzle of oil (if required) along with the breadcrumbs.
- Fry until the breadcrumbs are golden, 2-3 mins more.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the parsley.
- Meanwhile, pop the baguettes onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven until warmed through, 2-3 mins.
- Dish up a hearty helping of potato and leek soup.
- Top with the chorizo and parsley crumb.
- Serve with warm baguette on the side.