Creamy Cashew Chicken
with fragrant pilau rice
With a subtly nutty flavour from the creamy cashew sauce and the beautifully fragrant pilau rice, this is an exciting twist on a familiar dish that the whole house is going to love.
(Contains Cashew nuts May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut)
North Indian Style Spice Mix
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
- Place a medium pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the rice and turmeric and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add 300ml water (double for 4p) and stock powder and bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to medium and cover with the lid.
- Leave to cook for 10 mins, then remove the pot from the heat (still covered) and leave to the side for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- While the rice cooks, place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Fry until golden brown on the outside, 5-7 mins.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Add the onion to the chicken and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Blend the cashews and cream in a food processor until almost smooth (be careful not to overwhip the cream).
- Add the North Indian style spice mix to the chicken and cook for 1 min.
- Pour in the passata and creamy cashew mixture and allow to cook for 5-7 mins.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Fluff up the pilau with a fork and serve alongside the curry.
- Top with a sprinkling of coriander.